So, you’ve decided to get one of you loved ones a pet as a gift? Here are some reasons why you should adopt this pet rather than purchase one from a store.
You'll make a lucky pup really happy with this easy and healthy treats!
- For the pupcakes:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- a couple of pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional for sprinkles)
- For the mashed potato frosting:
- about three potatoes, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water until tender.
- Drain almost all of the water and whip the potatoes with a handheld mixer. Add a little water if you need it until you get a good frosting texture. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- Roll the turkey mixture into 12 balls and place in the muffin tin.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, or until the pupcakes are cooked through.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, if using.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a ziplock bag and cut off one corner to pipe the frosting onto the pupcakes.
- Sprinkle with bacon crumbles and serve to your fur baby!
Recipe by Devan at Eating With Emmy Lou.
Trick or treat, smell my paws, give me something good to eat! Here are some tips on how to keep your pets safe this Halloween!
Fall dog treats your dog will absolutely love! After making these for my girls, I think I may have become more important than the tennis ball..haha. Hey, I will take that.. who doesn't want to be better than a tennis ball?!