Halloween is an exciting time to dress up, eat candy, watch scary movies, and do the MONSTER MASH! During these fun and spookey times it is important to keep our pets safe.
Here are some helpful tips!
- Keep candy out of reach from pets
- Be careful about placement of decorations and wires
- Keep any lit Jack-O-Lanterns out of reach of pets
- Make sure your pets’ costumes don't limit their movement, restrict their breathing, or have any choking hazards
- Have your pet try on their costume before Halloween so they can get used to it and make sure they like it
- Supervise your pets while they are in their costumes
- Make sure your pet has their ID tags on, just in case they get out of the house
- Keep pets in a separate room or put a gate up to block the door if you are going to be handing out candy to trick or treaters so there isn’t a risk that they may run outside
- If your pet is not good with children or nervous about/ afraid of strangers, make sure they are farther away from the door or even better, in a separate room with things to distract them
- Don’t leave pets outside alone on Halloween or Mischief Night - to keep them safe from tricksters!
- If you have an outdoor cat, keep them inside on Halloween and Mischief Night - keep them occupied with some toys or catnip
- Keep glow sticks away from pets
Have a scary great Halloween! :)