You'll make a lucky pup really happy with this easy and healthy treats!
- For the pupcakes:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- a couple of pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional for sprinkles)
- For the mashed potato frosting:
- about three potatoes, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water until tender.
- Drain almost all of the water and whip the potatoes with a handheld mixer. Add a little water if you need it until you get a good frosting texture. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- Roll the turkey mixture into 12 balls and place in the muffin tin.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, or until the pupcakes are cooked through.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, if using.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a ziplock bag and cut off one corner to pipe the frosting onto the pupcakes.
- Sprinkle with bacon crumbles and serve to your fur baby!
Recipe by Devan at Eating With Emmy Lou.