It only takes four ingredients and five minutes of prep time to make these nutritious, breath-freshening dog treats!
- about 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- about 1/2 cup coconut oil (I used this at room temperature, no need to melt it!)
- about 1/2 to 1 cup fresh organic baby spinach
- about 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cube tray or some other dog treat mold
- Freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
- Serve as treats when you want to give your dog something special!
You may need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients in this recipe depending on the size of your dog, the size of treats you're making, and the amount of treats you're making. If these are new ingredients to your dog, start out small to make sure there aren't any issues!
It's not recommended for pregnant dogs or dogs with kidney issues to consume parsley. It's also not recommended for dogs with kidney issues to consume spinach.
If your dog is lactose intolerant, you could possibly use extra coconut oil and skip the Greek yogurt, or you could try kefir.
- Consult with your vet before feeding these ingredients to your dog to find out what's right for you and your pup!
Enjoy it Puppers!
Recipe & Photographer by Devan Bechtol
Make sure to check out featured Blogger Devan's Bechtol and more of her healthy tasty recipes on her site at Eating With Emmy Lou.