Celebrate Summer time with your dog with this delicious DIY dog treat and icing recipe from Sydney (@madpuplife)
Peanut Butter + Banana Dog Treats
You will need:
- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1 Whole Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Coconut Oil (optional)
The coconut oil is optional but highly recommended. Coconut oil is good for dogs and can help aid your pet’s‘ digestion, improve their coats, help prevent infection and more.
- Mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl by hand, or use a blender -whichever your prefer!
- If the dough is too wet, add more flour.
- Once you mix the ingredients, roll the dough out and have fun with your designs!
- Use cookie cutters to create fun designs and shapes.
- Lay out the cookies on a non-stick pan
- Back at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown
- After they are done baking, make sure to let them cool before feeding them to your pups.
If you want to take your dog treats to another level, you can decorate them with dog approved icing!
Dog Treat Icing
To create 1 cup of dog treat icing you will need:
- 1/2 Cup of Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 2-3 Teaspoons of Milk
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Place the yogurt and tapioca starch in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until you achieve a creamy texture.
- Add in milk slowly and mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture may get hard but just keep stirring until you get the consistency of icing.
- Add more or less tapioca starch to get desired consistency.
- Add in food coloring (optional)
- Decorate treats and refrigerate to harden
Check out Sydney's other DIYs and recipes on her blog! http://madpuplife.com
Also check out Sydney's Instagram to see some cute photos of her dogs Mattis and Keela! @madlifepup